POLICE DISPATCH AND RESPONSE
AND FALSE ALARM PREVENTION
POLICE ALARM RESPONCE POLICY, PROCEDURES AND CHARGES
The dispatch of police services is subject to the by-laws and guidelines of each municipality. To learn the rules of dispatch and the charges applicable in the event of a dispatch and a false alarm, please identify your place of residence in the list below and click on the Police Service to the right of your municipality. Click here for tips on false alarm prevention
|Note: Click on your region for more details
||Optional Guard Plan
|Annual Registration Commercial
|Annual Registration Residential
|False Alarms allowable Maximum per year
|Reinstatement after suspension
||See below **
|False Alarm Fee
1st - Free
2nd - $ 42.00
3rd - $ 52.00
4th - $ 77.00
1st - Free
2nd - $80.00
3rd - $105.00
4th - $ 155.00
|Cancellation of dispatch while on route
* All sums are subject to HST
** For an annual fee of $90.00 Private Guard Responce can be provided. The annual fee covers up to three dispatches per year. Each additional dispatch will be charged at $45.00.
Stand Down Fees: Where guards remain on premises until a keyholder is available, charges are set at $45.00 for each 15 minutes.
NEW: ON STATUTORY HOLIDAYS, DISPATCH WILL BE SET AT $59.00
TIPS TO PREVENT FALSE ALARMS AND TO MAXIMIZE YOUR SECURITY
- Be aware of the delay time allotted to exit or enter your premises when arming or disarming your system. Be sure to exit and shut the door in less than the allotted time or, when entering, to disarm your system before the allotted time has elapsed.
- When leaving the house and before arming the alarm system, make sure that all windows are properly latched and all exterior doors are locked. Open windows can result in draughts moving curtains and activating motion detectors, not to mention the fact that they are an invitation to burglars.
- If you are installing ceiling fans, air conditioners or forced air heating vents, be aware that they may cause items such as plants, decorations, etc. to move in the view of the
motion detectors. This motion may activate an alarm when the system is armed.
- Keep existing air vents clear. Plants and other light items in front of air vents may
be blown and activate a motion detector.
- After a party or other festive event, remove balloons and other decorations which may activate a motion detector when the security system is armed.
- Keep alarm sensors free of cobwebs or the presence of insects
- Residential customers should take precautions against leaving pets unattended that may pass in front of motion detectors triggering a false alarm. Pets should not be free to roam the house when the alarm system is armed. Place them in an enclosed area
before arming the alarm system.
- Commercial customers should be concerned about rodents, birds, etc. in a premise,
since they may trigger motion detector alarms as well.
- Ensure that the electrical breaker supplying power to the system is not inadvertently
- It is the customer's responsibility to regularly verify that all the users of the system have a valid identification card for the system. Also ensure that our service department has an accurate call list for notification of an emergency.
- In residences, everyone in the family, as well as regular residents and house sitters,
should know how to operate the alarm system and know the code. In commercial premises all shift managers and other responsible persons should have that information.
- List the phone number for cancelling police response near the security keypad, so that when an alarm has been accidentally set off, the response can be cancelled.
- Replace your backup battery at least once every three years or call Magen to do it.
- Schedule periodic routine checkups of your security system, especially before
leaving on an extended absence.
Notify Magen whenever:
- You plan to remodel or do any maintenance or repair work on your home or commercial premises
- When you make any changes to your phone system
- When you change your phone provider
- When you will be away for an extended period
- When you want to test your alarm system
- If you think your alarm system is not working properly
- Whenever you wish to add or remove keyholders from your list
- Whenever you have any questions about your alarm system